Door mat 60 x 90 (burgundy/diamant)BK135
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that you will enjoy our high-quality collection of handloom rugs in different colors and sizes. The dimensions of this rug are W60 x L90 cm and you can use it as a door mat or mat in any room in your house or summer house.
The rug is made by a traditional handloom weaving technique and is a combination of two different colors of jute thread. It is made by women artisan, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately three hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for local disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages while preserving a traditional handloom weaving technique.
- Handmade in three hours
- Color: Natural jute and burgundy
- Size: W60 x L90 cm
- Made of jute thread and cotton thread
- Use it as a (door) mat in your house
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The rug is made of (90 percent) jute, which is a natural fiber. The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an elaborate processing cycle before becoming a finished jute product. Jute is an environment-friendly material, because the jute plant require very little water.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Do not machine wash
- Vacuum-clean your rug occasionally
- If you spill water or other liquid on the rug, remove it with an absorbent cloth
- Be aware that over time jute changes color if it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) will disappear after a few days