Kantha blanket (with foam)SE-MH115-34
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that the colors and patterns of this one-of-a-kind kantha blanket will bring out smiles and create a cozy atmosphere in its new home. The blanket is 140 x 200 cm, double-sided, and features two different patterns. Use it as a blanket, a decorative sofa throw or a beautiful bedspread.
The blanket is made with foam and four layers of vintage cotton saris. It is hand sewn together using a traditional kantha stitch, a centuries-old tradition of embroidery native in Bangladesh and India. It is made by women artisans, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately 12 hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for disadvantaged women. They receive fair wages, yearly dividends, on the job training and capacity building.
- Hand stitched in approximately 12 hours
- Size: 140 x 200 cm
- Foam and four layers of vintage cotton saris
- Double-sided and features two different patterns
- Use as a blanket, sofa throw or bed runner
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
This blanket is made of vintage cotton saris, which means that the product has a history.
In the past, these saris were worn by women in Bangladesh. They are now upcycled and given a new life, which means that smaller imperfections such as small stains and patches can occur.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Dry clean only
- Due to high humidity and long transportation time from Bangladesh, the blanket might need to be freshened up. If so, please give the blanket some fresh air and a little time to acclimatize😊