Round jute rugBK-MH160
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that you will enjoy our high-quality collection of rugs in different shapes and colors. The dimension of this round rug is D120 cm, and you can decorate any room in your home with this jute rug.
The rug is made of jute, which is a natural fiber with a golden and silky shine. It is handmade by a traditional weaving technique and hand stitched with jute thread. It is made by women artisans, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately 2 days to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for local disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages while preserving a traditional weaving technique.
- Hand woven in approximately 2 days
- Made of natural jute
- Dimension: D120 cm
- Use it to decorate any room in your home
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The rug is made of jute, which is a natural fiber. It is also called “the golden fiber”, because of its shiny golden color.
The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an elaborate processing cycle before becoming a finished jute product. Jute is an environment-friendly material, because the jute plant require very little water.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Vacuum-clean your rug occasionally
- If you spill water or other liquid on the rug, remove it with an absorbent cloth
- Be aware that jute changes color when it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) will disappear after a few days
- Due to transportation, the rug might need a little assistance to find its shape😊