Striped jute basket with lid (large)BK-MH4
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that you will enjoy our high-quality collection of jute baskets in different sizes. The dimensions of this large jute basket are H60 x D48 cm. The basket comes with a lid and two handles and it is best suited for storage. The basket can e.g. storage two winter duvets and pillows.
The basket is made of jute, which is a natural fiber with a golden and silky shine. It is handmade by a traditional weaving technique and hand stitched with jute thread. It is made by women artisans, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately 20 hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for local disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages while preserving a traditional weaving technique.
- Handmade in approximately 20 hours
- Made of natural jute
- Dimensions: H60 x D48 (very big)
- Lid and two handles
- Be aware that the basket does not stand upright when it is empty
- Use it for laundry or storage of duvets, blankets, clothes or toys
- Not suitable as laundry basket
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The basket is made of jute, which is a natural fiber.It is also called “the golden fiber”, because of its shiny golden color.
The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an elaborate processing cycle before becoming a finished jute product. Jute is an environment-friendly material, because the jute plant require very little water.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Vacuum-clean your basket occasionally
- If you spill water on the basket, remove it with an absorbent cloth
- Be aware that jute changes color when it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) will disappear after a few days
- Due to transportation, the basket might need a little assistance to find its shape😊