Round jute place matTR-JBB-426/Br
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that you will enjoy our high-quality collection of place mats. The dimension of this round jute place mat is D35 cm. We use it to decorate the table on any occasion and hope that you will do the same.
The place mat is made of jute, which is a natural fiber with a golden and silky shine. It is handmade by a traditional weaving technique and hand stitched with jute thread. It is made by women artisans, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately two hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for local disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages while preserving a traditional weaving technique.
- Handmade in approximately two hours
- Made of natural jute
- Color: Natural jute
- Dimensions: D35 cm
- Azo-free dyes (no harmful chemicals)
- Use it to decorate the table with or without a table linen on any occasion
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The placemat is made of jute, which is a natural fiber. It is also called “the golden fiber”, because of its shiny golden color.
The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an elaborate processing cycle before becoming a finished jute product. Jute is an environment-friendly material, because the jute plant require very little water.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Shake or vacuum-clean your place mat
- If you spill water or other liquid on the table mat, remove it with an absorbent cloth
- Be aware that jute changes color when it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) will disappear after a few days