Silk cushion 30 x 50SE-MH120-11
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that the colors and patterns of this one-of-a-kind silk cushion will bring out smiles and create a cozy atmosphere in its new home. The dimensions of the cushion are 30 x 50 cm and a high-quality inner cushion with duck feathers is included.
The cushion is made with four layers of vintage saris. It is hand-sewn together by a traditional kantha stitch, a centuries-old tradition of embroidery native in Bangladesh and India. It is made by women artisans, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately three hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages, yearly dividends, on the job training and capacity building.
- Hand-stitched in three hours
- Size: 30 x 50 cm
- Including inner cushion
- Four layers of vintage saris
- Features a different pattern inside, though non-reversible
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
This cushion is made of vintage silk saris, which means that the product has a history.
In the past, these saris were worn by women in Bangladesh. They are now upcycled and given a new life which means that smaller imperfections such as small stains and patches can occur.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
Wash as little as possible to protect the product and planet:
- Hand wash
- Machine wash, delicate
- Iron, medium temperature
- Do not bleach, tumble dry or dry clean
Details about the inner cushion:
- Size: 30 x 50 cm
- Weight: 375 g
- Filling material: New duck feathers, class 1
- Fabric: 100 % cotton free of chemicals
- Machine wash at 60°C
- Tumble dry until the filling is completely dry
How it is made:
- Made in Denmark by Danish craftsmanship
- From Ringsted Dun, established in 1947
- Made with respect for the environment and animal welfare
- Allergy friendly and free of chemistry
- Certifications: STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® Product class 1, NOMITE, Downafresh® Greenline