Unika kantha sari silkepude 30 x 50 cmSE-MH120-11
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that the colors and patterns of this unique kantha silk pillow will create lots of joy and coziness in its new home. The cushion measures 30 x 50 cm and includes a delicious mounting pad with new duck down.
The cushion is made of four layers of vintage saris. It is hand stitched with uniform visible stitches, called kantha stitches. Kantha is a special way of embroidery and is a centuries-long tradition originally from Bangladesh and India. The cushion is sewn based on global fair trade principles and took approximately three hours to sew by hand.
When you buy a pillow, you help ensure decent, meaningful and dignified jobs for marginalized women in Bangladesh. The women work for a socially responsible company, where they receive a fair salary, annual bonus (dividend) and professional training.
- Handmade in three hours
- Size: 30 x 50 cm
- Including mounting pad with duck down
- Stitched together from four layers of vintage sarees
- Has a different pattern inside and outside (cannot be reversed though)
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
This cushion is made from vintage saris, which means the product has a history.
The saris have previously been worn by women in Bangladesh. They have now been upcycled and given a new life. This means that the cushions are not perfect and may have minor stains and patches on them.
Likewise, there will never be two products that are exactly alike, because the products are handmade. We hope that you will appreciate the little features of the products and their history as much as we do – and we hope that you will enjoy them for many years to come.
We recommend that you wash the pillow as little as possible to protect the product and our planet:
- Hand wash
- Use a gentle washing program
- Can be ironed at medium temperature
- Do not bleach, tumble dry or dry clean
Details of the mounting pad:
- Size: 30 x 50 cm
- Weight: 375 g
- Filling: New duck down, Class 1
- Fabric: 100% chemically cleaned cotton
- Machine wash at 60°C
- Dry it in the dryer until the filling is completely dry
How it is produced:
- Produced in Denmark based on Danish craftsmanship and tradition
- From Ringsted Dun, founded in 1947
- Produced with respect for the environment and animal welfare
- Hypoallergenic and free of harmful chemicals
- Certificeringer: STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® Product class 1, NOMITE, Downafresh® Greenline