Door mat 60 x 100 (jute/brown)TR-JRM9BR
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope you like our collection of beautiful handwoven rugs in different colors and sizes. This rug measures W60 x L100 cm and can be used as a door mat or a mat elsewhere in your home or cottage.
The rug is handwoven from jute rope. It is handmade based on global fair trade principles and took approximately three and a half hours to weave.
When you buy a hand-woven carpet, you help ensure proper, meaningful and dignified jobs for marginalized women in Bangladesh. The women work for a socially responsible company, where they receive a fair salary and professional training.
- Handmade in approximately 3.5 hours
- Colour: Neutral jute and brown
- Size: W60 x L100 cm (plus fringe)
- Handwoven of jutereb, which is naturally dyed via a manual process of dyeing from the acacia tree
- Use it as a mat in the home
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The rug is made of jute, which is a natural fiber. The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an extensive processing process before it becomes a finished jute product.
As the products are handmade, no two products will ever be exactly alike. We hope you will appreciate the products' little features and their history as much as we do - and we hope that you will enjoy your product for many years to come.
- Does not withstand machine washing
- Vacuum the carpet regularly
- If you spill water or other liquid on the carpet, remove it with a dry cloth
- Be aware that jute changes color over time if it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) disappears after a few days