Jute planter (medium)BK-MH9
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that you will enjoy our high-quality collection of jute baskets in different shapes and sizes. The dimensions of this basket are D22 x H22 cm. Use it as a planter, for storage and décor in any room. If used as a planter, use it with a saucer or an old flowerpot inside.
The basket is made of jute, which is a natural fiber with a golden and silky shine. It is handmade using a traditional weaving technique and hand stitched with jute thread. It is made by women artisans, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately six hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for local disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages while preserving a traditional weaving technique.
- Handmade in approximately six hours
- Made of natural jute
- Dimensions (medium): D22 x H22 cm
- Use it as a planter or decorative storage
- If used as planter, use it with a saucer or an old flowerpot inside
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The basket is made of jute, which is a natural fiber. It is also called “the golden fiber”, because of its shiny golden color.
The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an elaborate processing cycle before becoming a finished jute product. Jute is an environment-friendly material, because the jute plant require very little water.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Vacuum-clean your basket occasionally
- If you spill water on the basket, remove it with an absorbent cloth
- Be aware that jute changes color when it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) will disappear after a few days
- Due to transportation, the basket might need a little assistance to find its shape😊