Carpet 120 x 210 cm (black zig-zag)BK147
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope you like our collection of beautiful handwoven rugs in different colors and sizes. This rug measures 120 x 210 cm. The carpet is made in a beautiful zig-zag pattern and can be used as a decorative carpet in the home or summer house.
The carpet is hand-woven from thin robust jute rope. It is handmade based on global fair trade principles and took approximately 10 hours to weave.
When you buy a hand-woven carpet, you help ensure proper, meaningful and dignified jobs for marginalized women in Bangladesh. The women receive a fair wage and at the same time help preserve and develop an old craft tradition.
- Handmade in approximately 10 hours
- Colour: Neutral jute and black
- Size: B120 x L210 cm
- Made from jute thread, rope and cotton thread
- Use it as a rug in your living room
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The rug is predominantly (about 90 percent) made of jute, which is a natural fiber. The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an extensive processing process before it becomes a finished jute product. Jute is an environmentally friendly material because the jute plant requires very little water.
As the products are handmade, no two products will ever be exactly alike. We hope you will appreciate the products' little features and their history as much as we do - and we hope that you will enjoy your product for many years to come.
- Does not withstand machine washing
- Vacuum the carpet regularly
- If you spill water or other liquid on the carpet, remove it with a dry cloth
- Be aware that jute changes color over time if it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) disappears after a few days