Round holga jute basketTR-HUB291
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that you will enjoy our high-quality collection of jute baskets. The dimensions of this basket are Ø30 x H30 cm and it comes with two handles. Use it for storage and décor in any room.
The basket is made of jute and holga segrass. It is handmade by a traditional weaving technique and naturally dyed by hand with dye from the acacia tree. It is made by women artisans, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately five hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for local disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages while preserving a traditional weaving technique.
- Handmade in five hours
- Made of natural jute and holga seagrass
- Dimensions: Ø30 x H30 cm
- Handle 24 cm
- Naturally dyed by hand with dye from the acacia tree
- Use it for storage and décor in any room
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The basket is primarily made of jute, which is a natural fiber. It is also called “the golden fiber”, because of its shiny golden color.
The fiber is extracted from the bark of the jute plant and goes through an elaborate processing cycle before becoming a finished jute product. Jute is an environment-friendly material, because the jute plant require very little water.
As with all handmade and small batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Vacuum-clean your basket occasionally
- If you spill water on the basket, remove it with an absorbent
- Be aware that jute changes color when it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) will disappear after a few days
- Due to transportation, the basket might need a little assistance to find its shape😊