Jute and sari basketBK-MH3
HANDMADE IN BANGLADESH
We hope that you will enjoy our high-quality collection of jute baskets in different shapes and sizes. The dimensions of this colorful rectangular basket are L38 x W30 x H30 cm and it comes with two strong handles. Use it for storage and décor in any room.
The basket is made of jute combined with colorful saris. It is handmade by a traditional weaving technique and hand stitched with jute thread and vintage cotton saris. It is made by women artisan, based on fair trade principles, and has taken approximately 16 hours to create.
Every purchase empowers women at a social enterprise in Bangladesh. It provides safe and dignified jobs for local disadvantaged women. The women receive fair wages while preserving a traditional weaving technique.
- Hand woven in approximately 16 hours
- Made of jute and vintage cotton saris
- Dimensions: L38 x B30 x H30 cm.
- Two strong handles
- Use it for storage and décor in any room
- Handmade by women in Bangladesh
The basket is made of jute, which is a natural fiber. It is also called “the golden fiber”, because of its shiny golden color. Jute is an environment-friendly material, becasue the jute plant require very little water.
The basket is a mix of jute and vintage cotton sari, which means that the product has a history. In the past, these saris were worn by women in Bangladesh and are now upcycled and given a new life.
As with all handmade and small-batch items, no two pieces are exactly the same. We hope you will enjoy and celebrate these variations as much as we do.
- Vacuum-clean your basket occasionally
- If you spill water on the basket, remove it with an absorbent cloth
- Be aware that jute changes color when it is placed in direct sunlight
- The smell of jute (like the smell of oil) will disappear after e few days
- Due to transportation, the basket might need a little assistance to find its shape😊